In addition to support with research, writing, and publishing, the Doctoral Research Support Program (DRSP) also provides support to doctoral students who teach at the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign. It seeks to do so both through community building among doctoral students and by involving librarians, faculty members, and teaching experts to share advice and experiences. The DRSP is committed to supporting doctoral students by organizing and facilitating:
- Consultations with subject librarians about subject-related materials and sources to use in your course.
- Building a shared repository of syllabi and course assignments that have been used by instructors in various disciplines.
- Collaborative syllabi development (and other teaching materials) in groups with other doctoral students.
- Regular discussions with other doctoral students who are teaching, to discuss experiences, challenges, and best practices.
- Workshops and discussions with faculty members and other experts about various aspects of teaching.